BADLAND Level editor & Level world feedback & suggestions

Discussion in 'LEVEL EDITOR' started by Jaakko, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Jaakko

Jaakko Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

This thread is intented for giving feedback and suggestions for the BADLAND Level Editor and Level World.

Be creative and go crazy creating all kinds of stuff. We encourage you to create levels like you've seen never before. Remember to behave. Levels containing profanities will be removed.

Have fun!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  2. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

"Stop music" doesn't stop music.
    Sorry, random

3. Flamingjazz

Question for you Frogmind:
    When do you review levels for the next week's eternal day? To be in competition for a new week, when do we have to be done by?

4. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Hey Badland team !

First day but so many bad...levels ! :o
    I really need notification to follow players, to see new greats levels into all those test-levels players make :)

Thanks !

5. Vicvic91

@Jaakko :
    . Can you open an Eternal Day section on the forum ?
    . Can I add Eternal Day on the spreadsheet ?

6. Jaakko

Jaakko Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

There you go, Eternal Day section is there. Please let me know if you have any issues with the access rights.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  7. Vicvic91

Thanks @Jaakko !
    Can you edit the spreadsheet ? Because I can't ! :)

8. Vicvic91

4 reports today :

. When a level name/user name is too long, there is a bug :
    . Can you avoid smiley on level's name ?
    image.jpg

. Impossible to found newgreats levels, no way to see them on Newest :/

. Suggestion, avoid to rate our levels... only others players can rate them, so we not will see more Badlevels on top rated :
    image.jpg

9. Olivier

Olivier New Member

Hi everyone, I don't know if he's me, but, I can't duplicate my level, we can't ?
    However nice job for Badland 3.0

10. Flamingjazz

I cannot update any of my levels other than "Something..." And "The beast" (which is corrupted)
    Every time I update any of those levels I get this error image.jpg

11. Miikka

Miikka Elite Member Moderator

@panuaani @Jaakko Any idea why?

12. Miikka

We are constantly looking levels for Eternal Day. If you make awesome level this week it might not come to Eternal Day next week but if it was good, not too hard or buggy. It will get there eventually. :)

13. Miikka

This issue might not get fixed this weekend. But keep the level saved on your device and you can try publish it with new name like, "The Beast v2". When the issue is fixed I will combine the levels and play count of the Beasts.

14. Flamingjazz

I'm not too worried about the beast, it was the fact that I could not update any of the other levels. I had already realized your suggestion for the beast, but not being able to update other levels is noteworthy and new

15. Vicvic91

When I see a great level, I really miss a way to contact the creator : for sending a message, a congratulation, or something else....

. Maybe a way to send a message in-game ?
    . Or simply add possibility to add and show our Twitter account on a "creator profile" ?

By the way !
    Some levels are very greats and I really enjoy playing them !
    This is awesome ! :)

16. Vicvic91

There is cheating levels created by players : the only way is to save a very big lot of clones...

I just noticied a bug with thoses levels ?
    . I have saved 12 clones
    . I replay a level and saved 200+clons
    . When I comeback to the list, I now only have 11 clones saved

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

17. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Oh my, I didn't even noticed that the update has already dropped! No wonder why there was a sudden surge to the number of levels in the level world...I'm late to the party, as usual...:(

Spreadsheet is only editable by me, Vic, so just contact me in the future. :mrgreen: Jaakko currently has as much rights as the public. Anyway I think I shall create another new spreadsheet with all our levels too, as well as those notable by our community here. What do you guys think? :)

By the way, can we save levels in the level world locally? I dislike having to connect to internet all the time as that drains battery.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  18. Vicvic91

Eheh ! Ok :)

It will be a good thing, yes !
    A spreedsheet with best levels world will be a good idea, to improve the capacity of each our levels :)

19. Flamingjazz

"Keep alive", "reset when disabled", "stop music", all don't work properly.

Game keeps crashing when placing down the clones under special. Weird, cause @Olivier uses them just fine in greatland.

20. Flamingjazz

Major question that hasn't been but should be addressed since most all of us fans are probably wondering:

Playing eternal day for the first time runs through the standard circles with dots that appear, like every other level pack.

They have a set distance, meaning that it looks like there are only going to be so many eternal day levels, as if it were already set.

Is it? Are there going to be (maybe) 52 levels? What's the Plan for the future with eternal day, if you care to share?