BADLAND Level editor & Level world feedback & suggestions

Discussion in 'LEVEL EDITOR' started by Jaakko, Sep 10, 2015.

1. bumfo

bumfo Member

Please, give the original see-throughable variables back, or just make it transparent a little. It is very inconvenience now. thumb_IMG_2552_1024.jpg

2. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Pleaaaaase !

Make an AppleTV version...

. with iOS Sync to save all the progress :)
    . with Original levels AND Game of Year Edition to play it with a pad

Thanks ! :) <3

3. Vicvic91

Yes, yes, yes !
    You conviced me, I will buy an AppleTV for my birthday, ahah ! :)

Attached Files:

FBI Light Rock likes this.
  4. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Wow Vicvic, that amount of dedication just to support Frogmind...Hats off to you man!:)

Either way, I think it will be a great idea to instead of making all the levels you rated 5 stars in one section in Level World, you can custom bookmark levels into that section. There are actually many levels I would like to rate 5 stars, but I don't want to keep too many levels in that section as that section is reserved for exceptional levels, as well as unique ones.

5. Vicvic91

Here we go !
    Playing Badland on Apple TV ! :)

image.jpeg image.jpeg

This is cool, playing Eternal Day is a good surprise !

Hope you will add :
    . iCloud save sync to get all my progress on my TV !
    . Game of the Year edition too :)

CoolCalifornian likes this.
  6. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

I have a question about the selection process for the different sections of level world.

If I make a level, and it gets rated 5 stars, what are the requirements for it to be in the top rated section? I first thought it had something to do with the number of plays, but I have seen many levels with 5 stars and 20 or so plays in the top rated section, and many levels with 5 stars and 50 plays not in the top rated section.

I have also seen a few completely unrated(they show up as having 0 stars) in the "whats hot" section, and that seemed really strange to me.

I have made multiple 5 star levels, and none of them landed in top rated. I would appreciate any advice.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  7. FBI Light Rock

I think more than a certain number of people must have rated it and it still remains in the 4 - 5 star range. Hmm why don't you check the number of plays your levels have gotten? For example my one and only level so far named Armed is 5-5 but not in top rated, simply because it has garnered too little plays. (I think like only 95, but it's pretty hard anyway, so...:()

Your username for all your levels is Sheepy? Wow, given they are all rated 5 stars I must try them out! :)

Super zwerver likes this.
  8. CoolCalifornian

CoolCalifornian New Member

Question, is there a way I can change my username that everyone sees? I am currently DatFancyEnderman. (It's my Minecraft username)

I want to change it to my forum name. Is there a way you can change it, or can you please add it? That would be awesome!

9. Super zwerver

Super zwerver Well-Known Member

Thank you frogmind for fixing the bug and thank u for the amazing update :)

10. Super zwerver

Super zwerver Well-Known Member

i hope there is coming a christmas/new year update. Clonies with christmas hats, a new event CS# (like haloween HW#) and a chrismas theme background are some ideas.

(Sorry my english isn't good, i hope you understand me)

11. Vicvic91

. Missng a way to save a group in my own levels, ahah ! :)

12. Cyclopeus

Cyclopeus New Member

My objects menu is frozen and the properties menu is blank. Did I do something wrong, or is this a bug. Working on android S4 mini.

Any way to reset editor?

13. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

my suggestions:
    tap someones name -> list of his levels
    rotate 45 degrees button
    flip vertical button

i really mis those

14. Saswat Mishra

Saswat Mishra New Member

Hi Jakko,
    I am a big fan of your game "Badland".
    I'm currently writing my thesis on "Level Editors and their impact on replay value". I've selected "Badland" as one my case studies. I was wondering if you can help me with the thesis by providing me with some analytical data of your game on Google Play. I was searching for it on the web but couldn't find any.
    The data could be -
    "What's the average time an user spends of the level editor ?"
    "How many levels have been created so far ?"
    "What is the number of people who've build their own levels ?"

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Thank You

15. MaxArgonWolf

MaxArgonWolf New Member

Hello. I have a question: I created the level but he has played only 40 people, no one else plays. Please tell me how to do my level popular that it fell into the category Frogmind's Choice. My level of "Danger Adventure".

16. Dystopiland

Dystopiland New Member

Question for you, Frogmind;
    I think there is a bug on my editor, whenever I create a level on my Android and click publish, then play through, I always wind up at the home screen :( and when I get back on the game and try to edit the level, it does the same thing. This is currently the only problem I am having though.

17. What does 0 HITS mean? I cant view my levels, and this shows up instead.

BUG: When doing the mandatory pre publish playtrough for one of my levels, the blue portal connection lines showed up, and I coud have even chosen a represnetation screenshot with some pf them showing. (The level is called "Nature calls")

18. FBI Light Rock

You forgot the screenshot. :mrgreen: Put it up and we'll see how we can help you!

19. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

Are there plans for a Level editor for Badlands 2?

20. Well my crappy device cant take a screenshot, And due to the level update function not working I cant put anything in a lvl thumbnail either. Btw do something about it, I made a HUGE update to my level and I cant even republish it.

BUG: when a laser emmiter is set as destroyable and is destroyed while active, the laser permanently remains.
    And the portal link bug remains. And I cant post any screenshots