The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by Ben Thumbs, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

The Introduce Yourself Thread

The best way to break the ice from being a forum lurker to a contributing forum member here in The Badland Forums, is to first of all introduce yourself. The following is a template for you to copy and paste to complete your introduction. Fell free to use as much, or as little of the template as you want and also to include anything else you'd like to share with the community of Badland Addicts here.

Forum Name
    What's the story behind your chosen forum name?
    Nationality / Location
    Badland Gaming Devices
    When did you start playing Badland?
    Best Badland Moment
    Worst Badland Moment
    Badland Gaming Goals
    How did you find out about The Badland Forums?
    Anything else you've got to say for yourself?

2. Ben Thumbs

Forum Name
    Lunartic

It's a combination of the words Lunar (in reference to the game Lunar Racer, which I'm a mad fan of) and Lunatic (a fairly accurate adjective for me and the way I binge on a few select mobile games).

Nationality / Location
    I'm Australian but I live in Nagoya, Japan.

Badland Gaming Devices
    Predominantly an iPad 2 but also 2 x iPhone 5 and 2 x iPhone 4.

28th of October 2013 (still an uber newbie)

Best Badland Moment
    Yet to come I hope, although FROGMIND being supportive of the idea for this place and then taking the time to register and post here is very cool.

Worst Badland Moment
    Getting to the last button on DAY II - NIGHT OBLIVION several times over a couple of days with 3-4 clones and losing all, or all but one of them in those damn saws.

Badland Gaming Goals
    I'm currently chasing a very modest TOTAL CLONES SAVED target of 2,222 clones.

I'm one of the FIRST THREE who built this place.
    (bonus forum points if you identify the TV show I'm loosely paying homage to there)

Don't lurk about too long, register and join in. :thumbup:

3. Jarci1

Jarci1 New Member

Forum Name: Jarci1
    What's the story behind your chosen forum name? I'm using my gfs iPad and it is a partial abbreviation of her name.
    Nationality / Location: Canada
    Badland Gaming Devices: iPad Mini
    When did you start playing Badland? Not sure.
    Best Badland Moment: Probably scoring 240 by finishing 5 missions quickly while half drunk. Sometimes alcohol can take the edge off and make it happen.
    Worst Badland Moment: Factory was bugged for me and it drove me nuts until they fixed it. Also achievements not counting.
    Badland Gaming Goals: I wanted to be Top 100 or Top 50 to 240 and I already achieved that.
    How did you find out about The Badland Forums? This was near impossible to find. I found a link in another forum discussion.
    Anything else you've got to say for yourself? I wish we could play online against each other.

4. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Forum Name
    Wheat1328

Carried over from PSN. Wheat is my last name and of course that was taken on PSN so I added 13, my favorite number. That was taken as well so I added the 28 which is a 'perfect number' (yes, I'm a bit of a nerd). It also works nicely as I proposed on the 13th and we were married (months later) on the 28th.

Nationality / Location
    Nebraska, U.S.A.

Badland Gaming Devices
    iPhone 5 (small screens unite!)

I'm pretty sure I got it the week it came out but came back to it in October 2013 to get achievements which turned into clone saving as well.

Best Badland Moment
    Probably completing FINAL FRONTIER in 1 try.

Worst Badland Moment
    Anytime I think to myself: 'self, let's try to improve on REACT'

Badland Gaming Goals
    2500 Clones! Also to get to #3 behind Matt33 & ogster on Day 1, and maintain my #3 on Day 2 and Total Saved.

Me too! :D

Don't lurk about too long, register and join in. :thumbup:

5. Twitch_Cattz

Twitch_Cattz Member

Helluuuu :P

Forum Name:
    - Twitch_Cattz

- Been using it everywhere for many years, including musical artist name... not entirely sure where the heck it came from tho lol.

Nationality / Location:
    - USA, LA area

Badland Gaming Devices:
    - iphone 5 and ipad.

- I'm not quite sure, before day 2 tho.

Best Badland Moment:
    - I think mine, as well as most, is the survive one try on Final Frontier. That level is so amazingly awesome and challenging.

Worst Badland Moment:
    - Continuously dying because of missing a powerup and getting stuck rotating, also the couple times ALMOST beating Final Frontier and then slamming right into the walls at that way end part... >.<

Badland Gaming Goals:
    - Right now its to get all missions, tho I only have a couple left to get, then I don't really know >.<

- From a comment on Everyplay. :3
    "Lunartic 3 hours ago
    Nicely done. Have you checked out http://www.badland.gamerz.co yet?"

- well, here is my Everyplay :3 - https://everyplay.com/twitch-cattz
    - I'm obsessed with BADLAND
    - LIMBO is also amazing, if you like this game I'm sure you'd enjoy a run through it.

6. grandmort

grandmort Elite Member Moderator

Forum Name
    grandmort

I used to live in Los Angeles in the 90's and friends and I would go to the beach almost everyday this one summer. As soon as we would get there I wouldn't go in the water first but instead would lay flat on my towel on the beach and take a nap. Because I'm so tall (6'5"), and because I guess of the awkward ways I would be laying there sleeping one of my friend would always say I looked like a "big dead guy" (a "grand mort" in French). The name stuck immediately with all my other friends and I'm still "grandmort" to them to this day.

That's the only online moniker I've ever used; forums, PlayStation Network, you name it (starting back in the year 2000). As a matter of fact during the early PS2 era, with the SSX and Ace Combat 04 fan sites I created, it was quite a respected name :lol: and when I broke some records deemed impossible on the first SSX the moniker "grandmort" became legendary!

Nationality / Location
    French / Kerrville, Texas, USA (the home of Johnny Manziel for those of you who are into football - I'm not - but my kids knew him, how cool is that!).

Badland Gaming Devices
    iPhone 5 (small screens unite!) + iPad mini retina

Via the Starbucks app, it was offered for free in the summer of 2013, I tried it and was immediately impressed by the quality of the game.

Best Badland Moment
    Saving 2 clones in FINAL FRONTIER, I thought I was a badass AND the first to ever attempt and successfully achieve it (I wasn't :lol: ).

Worst Badland Moment
    Reaching the last part of REACT with 80+ clones, screwing it all up in those closing-and-opening spikes.

Badland Gaming Goals
    2499 clones, to stay one clone behind Wheat1328 as I usually do :lol:

Me too! ;)
    You could say I tried to stir (and mildly succeeded I guess) the BADLAND community online. I was planning on expanding the community via GameFAQs and pushed forward for score sharing via some kind of clone saving sheet; Wheat1328 promptly created the awesome Spreadsheet and Lunartic had this place up and running in no time. I'll be forever grateful to them because they picked-up on the few ideas we put forth at toucharcade and made them happen FAST.

Well, I also got really excited when I met ogster and Matt33 online; to be able to talk to the best of the best was (is) awesome! Also, the fact that both BADLAND developers keep an eye on us and are open to dialogue is very, very neat. They've created a gem of an indie game and I think we have a good little community here now because of that - Thank you Frogmind!

7. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

I don't really use GC, so you won't see my records appearing there (The ones in the spreadsheet). Most of my records are Android-based, and I have not hooked my copy up to Google+.

Forum Name:
    FBI Light Rock

Where it actually came from...long story, started when I was still a kid. Not that I'm that old now (Still studying). I used this name on many forums, alternatively if not allowed light_rock_zz comes in next.

Nationality / Location:
    Uhmm...I'll keep this secret...:P

Badland Gaming Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy SII (I decommissioned my iPod Touch 4G for clone saving efforts)

I always store apps gone free in my massive "shelf" of apps in my (brother's) account. I got this game free during the App Store 5th Anniversary. I didn't started playing yet at the time of download. Few days later, I saw my friends playing BADLAND multiplayer. That enticed me to download and try BADLAND. Unfortunately, my iPod is only 8GB (REALLY SMALL!!!) so I had to clear out some apps (Originally I had ~100MB left). BADLAND entered, and I tried it. Stayed inside my iTouch ever since. Ironically, I HARDLY touched multiplayer. Strangely, I sometimes play multiplayer...with myself! :P

Best Badland Moment:
    Achieving the maximum theoretical clone count (41) in the level Clonecubes, WITH MY SUCKY ITOUCH 4G!!! Screwed up an attempt to get 21 (Maximum theoretical at that point of stage) through the mine region to hit the time stop button once, but did it the 2nd time. Before this, I secured other lower records on this level, which were 38, 36, 35 and the rest not very memorable anymore lols. :P (Before that session, the clone count stood at 26) I'm too proud of myself. :P On the very same playthrough, I finally got the "Hit Nothing" Achievement on this Clonecubes level on MY SUCKY ITOUCH AGAIN!!! (Urgh, now there's that even harder Squared level one :evil: ) I did this "Hit Nothing" mission before the max clone count. 9 January 2014 wee hours will always be remembered as a big achievement in my BADLAND playing history.

Worst Badland Moment:
    My heart pumping so hard as I tried to navigate the portion with floating poison spikeballs in square form in Districts, having achieved such a small size. But guess what? I failed. Although I did it successfully last time on another device (A significantly faster Android phone). I was aiming for one try run (I have yet to achieve the missions in Districts involving those!). Plus, I just hate React. It's really hard to achieve the size ogster achieved in his Everyplay video. Explains why my clones count for React still sucks big time. :P

Badland Gaming Goals:
    Complete all 240 missions, for iOS. After that, probably achievements, especially hidden ones. My Android device is purely dedicated to saving clones, and my aim is to achieve Lunartic's realistic target of 2,222 clones saved.

TouchArcade forums on BADLAND

I NEED a better, faster iOS device! My iPod 4G sucks because my clones can't fly consistently! It made a couple of missions impossible to do for me. Districts just now was one of them. (But I finally nailed it, though in 2 tries....I might try again. Guess what? The same part screwed me up that one time, AGAIN :twisted: ) I'm planning to get the new iPad Mini Retina asap (Screw the small screens :P)

8. twiki

twiki Active Member

Forum Name:
    twiki
    Robot from Buck Rodgers
    Nationality / Location
    British
    Badland Gaming Devices
    Android Nexus 5
    Jan 2nd 2014
    Best Badland Moment
    Not had it yet
    Worst Badland Moment
    The chain in FLAW hooking up right at the end
    Badland Gaming Goals
    Complete all missions and all achievements (I have OCD with games like these!)
    Google
    No at the moment!

9. gorelin

gorelin New Member

Forum Name gorelin
    What's the story behind your chosen forum name? my family name :)
    Nationality / Location Ukrainian/Russia
    Badland Gaming Devices iphone (mainly), ipad (couple times)
    When did you start playing Badland? Maybe about 1 year ago
    Best Badland Moment For some time I was #2 or #3 on Day 2 list
    Worst Badland Moment Before Ogster appeared I thought the guys in front of me were mostly hackers. Then I realized that some of them are not and I still cannot understand how to close that 500+ clones gap :)
    Badland Gaming Goals Getting to Top 10
    How did you find out about The Badland Forums? Ogster advised me in comments of one video of mine
    Anything else you've got to say for yourself? I've been gaming for almost 25 years now and I think Badland is seriously one of the best games ever. Enjoying to be among those who also share that passion.

10. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Forum Name
    n0phun

Had to find any name when for the first time a game wanted to connect to Game Center. I wasn't prepared to come up with a new name, but didn't want to connect others of my online identies with gaming. I had no good idea, which was no fun.

Nationality / Location
    German / Northern Germany.

Badland Gaming Devices
    iPhone 4, no uploading of replays possible.

Uh. September, October? About.

Best Badland Moment
    Some. 5 in Badlander, e.g.

Worst Badland Moment
    Many. No special one, but losing clones by idiot mistakes at the end of a level where it is difficult and rare to get many to the end is especially annoying.

Badland Gaming Goals
    Blackening or greying cells in the spreadsheet. 2350+, 1100+ in Day 1, 300+ in every level pack except D1 Dawn. Being among first ten in at least one day or total. If I reach 2370 I'll consider going for 2500 again.

I searched the web, found Toucharcade just when the move to new Forums was mentioned there. Forgot about it, but then found the spreadsheet and was doomed.

No sleep till top ten. ;-)

11. Kullua

Kullua Active Member

Forum Name comes from Inuktitut Inuit language: Kullua is a takeoff off of my wife's name.
    Nationality is northern Canada near Santa Claus on Baffin island.
    Ipad 1 bought when it first came out in Dec 2010.
    Started paying Badlands from the beginning in April 2013, 2 months after my 5 year old son died from a brain tumor after a 2 year battle. My 15 year old daughter died from leukemia 4 years earlier. It helped keep me distracted form the grief.
    Best moment was now reaching 2600
    Worst moment was losing 6 on final frontier
    I plan to reach 2630 someday. Focusing on Day 1 for now.
    Found the forum on google.
    My plan is to help everyone achieve the highest scores once I get there.
    Best game ever. Getting tired of trying to increase clone count though!
    Probably the oldest on the game at 51 years old!!!

12. Ben Thumbs

Thanks again for jumping on board here Kullua.

Geeze mate I've got 2 kids myself and another on the way and can't imagine what you and your wife have been through. Horrendous. :cry:

I'm no spring chicken myself (37) but yeah you've still got a few years on me.

13. blindmewithscience

blindmewithscience New Member

Hello!
    Forum Name-blindmewithscience
    What's the story behind your chosen forum name? Thomas Dolby, and a shirt.
    Nationality / Location-American, US
    Badland Gaming Devices-iPhone 5
    When did you start playing Badland? July 2013
    Best Badland Moment-ATM, breaking the top 75
    Worst Badland Moment-accidentally closing the game when i had 60+ on React
    Badland Gaming Goals-get to at least 2500 total for the first two days
    How did you find out about The Badland Forums?-Google searches
    Anything else you've got to say for yourself?-hello!!

14. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

Forum Name--Flamingjazz
    Story behind the name: a mesh involving an inside joke about pigs on fire and my passion for music
    Nationality/Location: Rocky Mountains, USA
    Badland Gaming Device: you'll be surprised how well I'm doing on an iPod 4th Gen :cool_02:
    When did you start playing Badland?: after apple featured it as a free app for their 30th anniversary jig, whenever that was
    Best Badland Moment: finding this website
    Worst Badland moment: Game lagged so badly and crashed eventually just as I was about to save 3 clones on OBLIVION. Haven't had a good repeat run yet.
    Badland Gaming Goals: Two: reach 2500 without doomsday and also set a record on a level for clones saved. (It's so darn frustrating when you come THAT close to saving 1 more clone than the leaders.
    How'd you find out about the Badland forums?: Googling the secret achievement for doomsday
    Anything else?: I'm a young, aspiring addict. Just found out about the clone spreadsheet thingy and it brings a whole new level of gameplay into it. I'm only at 1750 clones now, but I'm saving 20-50 clones a day since starting this clone saving level of playing. However I don't play every day, but I'll be at 2000 before long ;)
    You guys (wheat1328, kullua, <|-|!<0, grandmort, lunartic, etc) are incredible. How does it happen?

15. Dan

Dan Member

My name was actually open so I took it...

Nationality / Location
    I'm American

Badland Gaming Devices
    iPad

May 2014 (Still very new but I have beat 270 missions, all hidden achievements (except the second glitched COOP "domination" one) and all 90 with one try... Also two-thumbed my way through all 40 COOP ones to beat them all in one try. Only at 108/120 missions at the moment)

Best Badland Moment
    I've had a few- Recently it was when I finally beat the last two missions in Doomsday. All Power Ups in Accelerator (which was just mean FrogMind! :twisted: ) gave me a rush and I spent several hours before I finally knocked it out. But I was so happy to finally complete that mission- and the 20 clones mission in Evil was tough but a joyous relief to complete.

Last month when I knocked out the God Status hidden achievement I was very excited - having gotten the chain hung up near the very end on an earlier run was so disappointing but eventually I got it :)

When I got 270 missions completed the leaderboards displayed me as #1 in the world for missions for a couple hours. Later it came up as not ranked or something (must be glitched) but at least I took a screenshot! That was fun while it lasted...

Worst Badland Moment
    Continuous failed runs - all the fails trying to complete the God Status achievement were frustrating. Also lots of frustration with the amount of fails dumped into getting the Twins achievement and completing all the Doomsday missions.

Badland Gaming Goals
    I'm currently chasing 2500 TOTAL CLONES SAVED and Symbiosis in COOP (would also be nice if FrogMind fixed the Domination hidden achievement that's been glitched for a while)

Through a friend.

This is a great game... Hope the dev's continue fixing glitches and putting new maps out.

16. Kati

Kati Member Frogmind

I'm working at Frogmind so it came pretty naturally and Kati is my nickname.

Nationality / Location
    Finnish

Badland Gaming Devices
    Samsung Galaxy note 2, iPad

Maybe a year ago?

Best Badland Moment
    When I was playing BADLAND "Relations" level with my boyfriend at Valentines day! It was awesome!

Worst Badland Moment
    There is none yet! Maybe those Doomsday levels which I haven't played yet..

Badland Gaming Goals
    Beat all Doomsday levels and save as many clones as I can!

Through coworkers.

I'm currently Community Manager at Frogmind and I'm looking forward to meet ya'll :) Myself I'm really into games and I enjoy playing them (League Of Legends is my favorite for now). If you have questions or just something else to say, don't be afraid to post a reply or PM me!

17. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Welcome to the forum Kati!!!

Very cool another member of Frogmind has joined the site, glad to have you here!!

18. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Wanted to join for a long time allready, new update looked like a valid reason ;P

Hi! My name is Funs Holthuijsen, I'm from the Netherlands, and been playing Badland since about march this year. Believe I allready ended up on the Badland Forums around april, but for some reason I only read and read and never registered. Been playing at an android phone (Galaxy SIII) at first, but since july I switched to Windows Phone (the Nokia Lumia 930 to be exact). Believe that's a first for these forums ;) After getting by with my score there, I finally started looking here to really improve, and last september I passed the 2500 line, something I never thought I would make. But you guys just kept me playing and improving my scores, what I hope to continue in the future (including the update I'm above 3200 somewere now).

Sometimes I still play a bit on android, for example a few weeks in a row when I saw FBI Light Rock post a update about the android leaderboard and noticed I slipped out of top 5, not really of importance but it nagged (was so proud I finished there a while back ;P ). To compare, I got to say though that I prefer the Windows Phone version over the Android one, somehow it feels like a 'flying-aid' is switched on with Android, makes flying so easy, whereas on WP every touch really counts. Thing I miss in the WP version is a leaderboard like Android and iOS have, would be great to have one added or have a joint one for all operating systems.

My username (sorry, didn't really follow the list mentioned above...) doesn't really have any meaning, used that nick a long while back when I played Unreal Tournament 2004 a lot. Since then I barely play any games online or use a nick, even youtube nowadays is mostly with your own real name. Anyhow, thought I would use that again.

So, finally, Hi! Took a while to finally get me here.

19. Frost

Frost Member Beta tester

Forum Name: Frost

I shortened my last name while I studied on California because my real last name was impronunciable over there (and elsewhere it seems).

Nationality / Location

I am Swedish but live on the awesome Canary Islands, Spain

Badland Gaming Devices

Started with iPhone 4, then 5 and now the iPhone 6. PS4 on the way...

The second it was out on the AppStore, launch night

Best Badland Moment

Playing multiplayer with friends

Worst Badland Moment

When I realized my friends were better than me, so I kept improving :D

Badland Gaming Goals

Play online matches with random people on GameCenter

Looking at this website

Hardcore iOS gamer that loves premium indie games. Dont like freemium mechanics that ruins freetoplay.

20. CoolCalifornian

CoolCalifornian New Member

Forum Name: CoolCalifornian

What's the story behind your chosen forum name?: I've lived in California my whole life, and I need to switch my username to something better.

Nationality / Location: I am American, and I live in, well, you know.

Badland Gaming Devices: iPhone 6, and maybe Xbox One

When did you start playing Badland?: Maybe a year ago,, I picked it back up a week ago.

Best Badland Moment: Completing all levels without skipping them. (I am such a nube)

Worst Badland Moment: I don't yet! Maybe my little brother beating me at Multiplayer...

Badland Gaming Goals: Get a level on Eternal Day.

How did you find out about The Badland Forums?: I needed help on something, so I joined.

Anything else you've got to say for yourself?: I am happy to be on the forums now!