BADLAND Level editor & Level world feedback & suggestions

Discussion in 'LEVEL EDITOR' started by Jaakko, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Johannes

Johannes Well-Known Member Staff Member Frogmind

Eternal Day is eternal - the dots will never end :)

Flamingjazz and Vicvic91 like this.
  2. Miikka

Miikka Elite Member Moderator

The dots are misleading in Eternal Day. There are 52 dots because that was the default dot count per "day". We haven't even picked the 4th level yet. And we are of course planning to keep Eternal Day growing... forever. That's why we named it Eternal Day. :)

In future Eternal Day might get completely new dot system, maybe. We'll see.

3. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

An infinite loop : when you have 50 dots, the 1st dot disapear so the loop never end :)

4. Vicvic91

An infinite loop : when you have 50 dots, the 1st dot disapear so the loop never end :)

5. Vicvic91

Eternal Day update : every monday ? Thursday ? :)

6. Miikka

Thursday or Friday :)

Vicvic91 likes this.
  7. jancerblut

jancerblut New Member Beta tester

any plans to make the editor level playable on the pc version?

8. Johannes

Johannes Well-Known Member Staff Member Frogmind

How does this happen? Stop music stops all the background noise like birds etc.

9. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

@Johannes, in the level Dissection, the whole level should have stop music, and if you play the level, it isn't.
    You can play the level and open in editor and check if you like. It also was supposed to "keep alive".

10. Flamingjazz

image.jpg
    Does this explode?

11. negidgo

negidgo New Member

Hi! Level editor comes to ps4 & ps vita?

12. Miikka

Hehe. This is weird. There should be no such option with mushrooms. Something is wrong but I don't know what. Do you find this property from the obstacle right when you drag it to scene? I can't seem to get this happen myself.

13. Miikka

@jancerblut
    Currently the editor is only available on iOS. We are not sure what are we going to do with other platforms yet. The most asked platform is Android which will probably be the next on the list.

14. Flamingjazz

Found the source of the bug, I think.
    It happens with any object that you place onto the screen that's a physical object.
    I can replicate it with about any object. I think it's because I have "advanced properties menu" under editor settings turned on.
    image.jpg

15. Jaakko

Jaakko Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

That is correct. Toggling on the "advanced properties" exposes that property to all objects.

16. Vicvic91

Well, I want to make a screenshot update on Antigravity.
    The actually is horrible, but with the replay's bug I can't select the good screenshot :(

Can you update it manually ?
    My screenshot is to take before Clony jump in the overboard : you see the spaceship, the sheep and Clony jumping into the ship.

Thank you if you can do it ! :)

17. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

For eternal day, are the levels only selected from what was published that week or is it archival as well?

18. Miikka

There has been many Eternal Day worthy levels in these first weeks. We still add only one level per week to the Eternal Day. If in some week there has not been that many amazing levels published we might pick a level from the past.

19. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

So technically would waiting until a Wednesday on a so-so week be a better idea than uploading on Saturday and hoping for the best?

20. Miikka

The system is still evolving so I don’t have any tactical advice for that. I think your best bet would just be polish your level and maybe come here to promote it. Also updating your level after it has been published brings it back up in "News"-feed.